Hi! I’m sitting here next to Riley, and both of us are eagerly anticipating making fun of this week’s American Idol hopefuls. If you go on the show, aren’t you just asking for America to rip you apart? We are obliging.
My internet is being really slow and not letting me upload pictures, so instead of a food post, I’ll leave you with this!
If you sometimes struggle to drag your booty to the gym after work like I do, it might help motivate you to check out this list of 7 Benefits of Regular Physical Activity on the Mayo Clinic’s website. It’s a little long, but SO true and totally worth the read! I’ll do a brief synopsis for you (like that word? It makes me think of college English and the world’s most difficult Shakespeare class…ah, Shakespeare. Thanks for dragging my GPA down—I still haven’t forgotten).
The 7 Benefits of Regular Physicial Activity:
1. Excerise improves your mood. So true! Don’t you just feel like you belong in a fitness DVD when you finish a sweaty workout? Sometimes, in the privacy of my own home of course, I flex my little biceps for good measure when I’m done.
2. Exercise combats chronic diseases. I’m not a doctor, but I think there’s plenty of proof on this one. I’ll buy it.
3. Exercise helps you manage your weight. Need I say more?
4. Exercise boosts your energy level. Physical activity gets the blood flowing to your heart and lungs, which gives you more energy for all the fun stuff you do, like reading blogs and watching The Bachelor. You may think this doesn’t take energy, but have you seen The Bachelor? It takes much physical restraint for keep yourself from throwing things at the screen.
5. Exercise promotes better sleep. It’s definitely better than counting backwards from 500 by threes. Because, let’s be honest—not only does that sound like the most un-fun thing ever, but who can even do it?
6. Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life. Do you even need to go on to #7?
7. Exercise can be—gasp–fun! Go to a Britney concert and tell me you don’t wish it was you up there, shaking your booty. Oh wait, maybe that’s just me. :)