It’s almost Hump Day! Which means it’s almost Friday! Right? It sounds close enough in my head :).
So the lovely Leah from the fabulous blog WhyDeprive passed this fun award onto me: list 10 things that make you happy, then pick 10 of your favorite bloggers to make their own lists. I love stuff like this, because I really am so blessed and it’s fun to think of all the reasons why! Without further ado, in no particular order:
1. My Dog: Riley first came into my life in November of 2006, and his doggy green card almost expired when he refused to accept the reality of potty training. But when our week as foster parents was up, he had won us over with his constant kisses and goofy personality. After three years, we think we’ll keep him.
2. Cooking/Baking: There’s something about being domestic that just really makes me feel satisfied. I hope I didn’t just set the women’s rights movements back.
(FYI…this is Halloween. I do not dress like a flapper on a daily basis.)
3. My Family: My family has always been really tight, and my happy memories with them are endless! My mom got me hooked on romance novels and in return, I kindly got her hooked on Days of Our Lives. For a while there Corey, my mom and I watched it religiously, and my dad would wander in, watch too, and make fun of it just because he enjoys spending time with us. 🙂
4. My BF: Dave has taught me that travel is the BEST experience ever–he has made me realize that a road trip without Doritos, Cheez-Its, Trivia, and Telephone isn’t a road trip. Plus, for my last birthday he got me and my sister tickets to a Britney concert. BRITNEY. Need I say more?
5. Reading and Writing: My dream is to write a romance novel. But I just don’t know if I can do it…it scares me! So for now, I’ll read them and write other stuff and see where that takes me. If you are skeptical of romances, give Suzanne Brockmann a try…I swear she’s a genius…why hello there, Mr. Navy SEAL.
6. My friends, Old and New: I have so many great friends, and I love how silly we can be together! Our frequent happy hours (ahem) are some of my best memories…Dear DG, you are the one for me…
7. Shopping: This might sound a little shallow. But I’m not kidding, when I go shopping, I get this very pleasant tingly little rush of adrenaline that can only come from finding a great deal that makes your butt look good. Ladies…who’s with me?
8. Worship Music: Back in college, I listened to a ton of Christian music, but lately it’s kind of fallen by the wayside. We had this awesome group in college called JC where I was actually in the worship band, and those songs are SO inspiring…I loved it.
9. Physical Activity: I played tennis in high school, and I loved it. I miss it and really want to get back into it. Although Wii tennis is a pretty awesome substitute. (There’s nothing quite like beating a boy at a Wii game.)
(That’s hiking in Red Rock Canyon in Vegas–in case you were thinking, “That’s not physical activity. She’s just standing around on a mountain.”)
10. Learning New Things: New recipes, new insights, new ideas, new songs, new places…it’s just the best, and I want to experience it all!
Now for the 10 wonderful ladies I’ve chosen b/c I want to read THEIR lists of 10 things!